ifyougetboredjustwalkaway

ifyougetboredjustwalkaway

7.9.12

Diversions


From Oxford Dictionary: Diversion; an activity that diverts the mind from tedious or serious concerns.

Diversions are happenings that highlight the many aspects of living here in the Kingdom. They might be conversations or experiences, extraordinary revelations, or just plain rants. Either way, it's day to day life. 

I left my coffee mug in my car, so I poured my coffee in a regular glass. My roommate walked in the kitchen while I was eating breakfast.
Him: What are you, like, drinking?
Me: Coffee.
Him: Huh?
Me: Coffee.
Him: But... Ohhh, like cold coffee. That's cool.
Me, as I look at the steam rising from my glass: .....
Him: So did you, like buy a new cold coffee machine, or does yours make cold stuff too?
Me: ... Yes. I bought a new cold coffee machine. It's in the other room.
Him: Oh. That's cool man. Do you mind if I, like, use it later? I'll go buy some more ice if I need to.
Me: It's alright, it makes its own ice, you just add water.

An hour later he knocked on my bedroom door.
Him: Hey, do you think you could, like, help me? I put water and even some ice in the cold coffee machine, but it isn't coming out very cold.
Me: Hmm... sometimes you just have to wait a bit for it to cool down.
Him: Yeah, I did that for a few minutes, but it, like, just kept getting hotter.
Me: ... I guess it's probably broken. If you want you could pour it into a pitcher and put it in the fridge. Then, if it's not cold enough, you could add some ice before you drink it.
Him: That's a good idea! Cool! Thanks man... [whispering to himself as he walks away] I love cold coffee...