ifyougetboredjustwalkaway

ifyougetboredjustwalkaway

13.9.12

Diversions


From Oxford Dictionary: Diversion: an activity that diverts the mind from tedious or serious concerns.

Last year I taught 6th grade. One day in the later half of the year out on the playground during recess:
Me: Mohammed! What did you just say to him?
Mohammed (smirking): I say, 'Ahmad,' then I say 'ack you'....
Me: Mohammed, you can't say 'fuck you' on the playground?
Mohammed: Ok... Where I say 'fuck you' then?
Me: Anywhere else you want, but not at school.
Mohammed: Ok (nodding his head proudly), I say 'fuck you' to Ahmad after school.
Me: No, Mohammed, you shouldn't say 'fuck you' to Ahmad at all.
Mohammed: Ok, I not say 'fuck you' to him. (He turns his head and shouts across the soccer field) Ahmad! No more say 'fuck you' ok? Ok.

Twenty minutes later after I picked up a doodle on Mohammed's desk during math:
Me: Really?...
Mohammed: Haha. Is funny, no? I write it for Ahmad.
Me: Nice try Mohammed, but fuck is spelled with a 'c' and a 'k'.
Mohammed writes a 'c' so it says 'fukc’ : "Good?
Me with a sigh: Close enough...