ifyougetboredjustwalkaway

ifyougetboredjustwalkaway

22.6.13

Diversions

From Oxford Dictionary: Diversion: an activity that diverts the mind from tedious or serious concerns.


A few weeks ago I wrapping things up for the end of the year chatting with some of my students as they were doing their morning work.

Student: Mr. S, why you don't teach science anymore?
Me: I have some other things to take care of because I won't be a teacher next year.
Student: Why you won't teach?
Me: I was asked to be vice principal, so I'm going to make sure next year is better than this year, because this year sucked.
Student: Oh... This is good.
Me: I concur.
Student: .... I don't know that word... Mr. S, if you be vice principal, this mean if I make trouble you punish me?
Me: Yes, basically.
Student: This is good Mr. S... Free passes for meeee.
Me: You wish.
Student: No problem Mr. S, you know me. (Winking) You touch me, I touch you.
Me: It's scratch my back, not touch me.
Student: Oh... (He moved around behind the chair I was sitting in and started scratching my back) You like here? No? More ups, Mr. Mike?
Me: Thanks Nafil, that's enough. Go do your maths.
Student: Okay Mr. S.... Remember, (whispering into my ear from behind) free passessssss.